On the day
Jump to resources
- Complete any final preparations such as opening gates, cordoning off no-go areas or moving vehicles.
- Welcome your visitors, detailing any last minute changes of plan, wet-weather contingencies and the day's timetable. Working with the teacher, explain any safety procedures and behaviour rules.
- Take photographs for your website and future publicity. Children should not be identifiable unless you have permission to use their photos.
- If groups have been working on different activities, catch up with everyone at lunchtime.
- Ask for informal feedback from children and adults and follow up with a written evaluation form after the visit. Below are some examples: Natural England evaluation form, Sample evaluation sheets.
- Once the visitors have left, take a few minutes to jot down any new ideas you have had, or things you would do differently next time.