Resource produced by FACE in partnership with Waitrose and DairyCrest and available as a free CD. It introduces primary-aged children to what goes on at the dairy farm where milk is produced and the land is cared for.
A visit to a dairy farm can be an unforgettable experience for a child, a chance to discover where milk comes from and to begin to understand the work of farmers.
This resource contains activities for Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils to prepare for a visit to a farm or to complete after such an experience. Alternatively, it can be used as a stand-alone resource for one-off lessons on farming.
The activities encourage the pupils to:
• Increase their knowledge and understanding of dairy farming and animal welfare
• Develop an understanding of where milk comes from
• Learn about environmental stewardship and biodiversity
• Ask questions and seek informed answers
• Enjoy carrying out a range of cross-curricular activities
• Work both collaboratively and independently
The CD also contains an introductory presentation for the pupils and copy masters of all activity sheets.
- Weblink: Order your copy